Working at Customs Support means working in a dynamic environment. Together with colleagues at different offices, you work on high-quality services in the area of Customs processing for demanding customers who operate internationally. For these customers, you are the indispensable link in the international flow of goods. Without proper customs handling, customers cannot get their goods on time.
Who are we?
We are the neutral and dynamic customs partner for small and large entrepreneurs in Europe. We are daily engaged in organising all types of customs documents for the import and export of goods and services of forwarders and our customers.
We are a fast-growing international company. There is a lot of development going on within the company and the compliance department is the department in which you can actively think along and which you will further shape. A dynamic and international environment where both the internal and the external customer are central.
What do we ask from you?
In this position you will have the following tasks:
- Handle customs formalities;
- Processing customs declarations in accordance with legislation and regulations;
- Preparing all customs declarations for (cross-border) transport in accordance with statutory regulations and collecting additional customs technical and fiscal information where necessary;
- Drawing up dossier instructions for the handling of import/export transactions and related documents and cooperating with other operational departments for this purpose;
- Identifying customs irregularities and reporting them to the manager;
- Presenting customs documents to Customs for inspection;
- Maintaining contact with Customs regarding requests to obtain special tariff import duties and other occurring tax-related matters;
- After consultation with the manager, submitting notices of objection, BTI (Binding Tariff Information) applications and discharges, and performing any other correspondence with Customs that may arise;
- After consultation with the supervisor, drawing up petitions and submitting them to Customs with a motivation (e.g. concerning restitution, exemptions and errors).
Informing customers and internal stakeholders:
- Answering customer queries and advising them on operational customs matters;
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation;
- Act as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
Furthermore you have:
- A minimum of MBO (senior vocational education) work and thinking level and you are in possession of the (assistant) declarant diploma;
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- You have knowledge of customs legislation with related procedures and documents;
- You are accurate, stress-resistant and have organisational skills;
What do we offer you?
Challenge - As mentioned before, we offer you an internationally oriented environment, where no two days are the same.
Development - To ensure that we are always up to date with the latest developments, you need to be up to date. This does not only happen by keeping up with the news, but of course also by training. You are never done learning with us.
Terms of employment - Nothing comes for free, and we know it. If you decide that you want to be part of our team and we are just as enthusiastic about it as you are, we offer you a nice salary and good fringe benefits (of course). We also want you to develop yourself and we will give you time and space to do so. We facilitate education, training and knowledge sessions.
Eye for the future - Whether it concerns sustainability, the developments in the customs area for our customers or the possibilities for our people, at Customs Support Group we have an eye for the future. Our organization continues to grow and that also offers you opportunities to grow.
Enough about us, now it is up to you! Are you interested in a challenging internationally oriented position that facilitates international trade and makes it more efficient? Then apply and tell us who you are and what you can do for us.