Are you the Customs & Compliance employee who wants to take the next step? Do you combine this with highly developed analytical skills, strong communication skills and a winner's mentality? Are you looking for a challenging job in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and fun organisation? Then we are looking for you!
Who are we?
We are the neutral and dynamic customs partner for small and large entrepreneurs in Europe. We are daily engaged in the organization of all kinds of customs documents for the import and export of goods and services of forwarders and our customers.
Customs Support is a fast-growing international company where you can actively think along with the compliance department and will further shape the department. A dynamic and international environment where both the internal and the external customer are central.
What will you be doing?
As a Compliance employee, you will have an overarching task in the field of risk management across the branches. The main tasks are:
- - Identifying risks and changes in customs laws and regulations;
- - Informing the various branches and ensuring that the same working method is used;
- - Taking care of refund requests and the associated objection procedures;
- - Creating a central database and making it transparent;
- - Minimising legal costs;
- - Monitoring for non-discharges of Transit documentation and declarations;
- - Implementing business processes;
- - Permit management;
- - Supervising customs during post-import checks;
- - Investigating international cross-border licences;
- - AEO Certification: in particular rewriting/documenting the internal control and management measures.
What do we ask from you?
We are looking for an independent person who is able to convert knowledge into pragmatic solutions. You are decisive, know how to get the right information out of the table and are persuasive in your oral and written communication, both in Dutch and in English. You are familiar with the working field at home and abroad within logistics and/or customs and you advise the compliance department and staff departments, solicited and unsolicited, in legal matters and projects.
Furthermore, you are aware of the latest news regarding the Brexit and will work on this proactively.
Furthermore, you have:
- - Extensive knowledge of the UCC;
- - Extensive knowledge of the Technical Guidelines in Advance Rulings for Classification, Origin and Valuation;
- - 4+ years of experience within Customs & Compliance;
- - Background in logistics/Customs;
- - Command of the English language orally and in writing; German is an advantage.
What do we offer you?
Terms of employment - If you decide that you want to be part of our team and we are as enthusiastic as you are about it, we offer you a nice salary and good fringe benefits (of course). We also want you to develop yourself and we will give you the time and space to do so. We facilitate education, training and knowledge sessions.
Challenge - As mentioned before, we offer you an internationally oriented environment, where no two days are the same.
Development - To ensure that we are always up to date with the latest developments, you need to be up to date too. This does not only happen by keeping up with the news, but of course also by training. You are never done learning with us.
An eye for the future - Whether it concerns sustainability, the developments in the customs area for our customers or the possibilities of our people, at Customs Support Group we have an eye for the future. Our organization continues to grow and that also offers you opportunities to grow.
Enough about us, now it is up to you! Are you interested in a challenging internationally oriented position that facilitates international trade and makes it more efficient?
Then apply and tell us who you are and what you can do for us.