Customs Support Group, based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is a leading independent provider of customs services in Europe. With more than 550 customs experts, the company offers more than 7,000 customers a comprehensive range of customs-related services.
Customs Support has 40 branches in several European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain, France, Germany and Poland) as well as a network of partners in other European countries. Due to the many locations and the partner network, Customs Support is in close proximity to customers, logistics hubs and customs offices, which ensures long-term relationships and local insights for its many international customers.
In recent years, the Customs Support Group has proven to be a fast-growing and dynamic company that, in addition to strong organic growth, was able to successfully acquire and integrate 18 add-ons. In addition, the company is investing in the digitization of customs-related processes for its customers, in an industry for which a significant increase in demand is expected due to Brexit.
Customs Support Group is searching for a Corporate Lawyer. The strategy is focused on internationalization, accelerating organic growth and growth via acquisitions. The candidate will be responsible for managing all legal-related activities on a group level. The role will be based in the head office in Rotterdam. The candidate reports directly to the Group CFO in the Netherlands.
- Build efficient and well-structured legal processes;
- Responsible for legal reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Legal responsible for advising and supporting Custom Compliance matters with the Compliance team;
- Analyzing and interpreting documents from a legal, regulations perspective;
- Responsible for reviewing all international contracts from a legal point of view;
- Responsible for drafting all legal documents clearly and concisely;
- Creating solutions using legal knowledge and commercial judgement to advise and support the Board and Country management;
- Support the M&A Director with the acquisitions and support the PMI Manager with the integration of the acquired company;
- External and internal contact person for legal matters, managing the subject matter experts on specific logistic claims /questions;
- Responsible for the insurance portfolio of the group.
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in (Dutch) Law ideally in Corporate or Commercial Law;
- Several years of professional experience in a comparable position in a rapidly growing and dynamic corporate environment;
- A background in legal consulting or M&A practice is an advantage;
- Experience in setting up new processes is helpful;
- Knowledge of the customs expertise is requested, logistics industry is helpful.
Personal characteristics of the candidate
- Very ambitious with a proven track record;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong drive for economic success;
- High energy levels and strong drive, commitment to driving change;
- Willingness to bring about change and build a world-class organization;
- Fast and pragmatic style of working, tackling challenges immediately and getting things done;
- The highest standards of performance and personal behaviour;
- Engaged, team players and team builder;
- Open and ethical in all dealings;
- The required language skills in English.