Working at Customs Support means working in a dynamic environment. Collaborating with colleagues at different offices across Europe, you provide high quality services in the area of customs handling for demanding international customers. For these customers you provide a critical link in the smooth and efficient flow of their goods internationally. Customs handling fulfils the mandatory legal requirement to facilitate the movement of goods across and international border.
Who are we?
We are the neutral and dynamic pan-European customs partner for small and large entrepreneurs. We offer an extensive and complete range of Customs and Duty Management services to a diverse and broad customer base.
We are a rapidly expanding international organization that remains at the forefront of change and development in a constantly evolving industry sector. We operate in a dynamic international environment where the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
What do we ask from you?
Your responsibilities will include:
- An excellent understanding of HMRC regulations for international Exports, Imports and Transit movements;
- To ensure all aspects of customs clearances are processed efficiently and accurately;
- Ensure all Customs declarations, clearances and processes are completed within a timely manner to avoid delays to international Cargo for both Exports & Imports;
- Plan, manage and control the departments day to day running and activities;
- Inspire, develop a dynamic Customs team and support them where needed;
- Support and advise customers on all international import & export requirements;
- Lead and assist with the implementation of new operational processes in-line with the development of International services and products;
- Provide recommendations and implement Customs processes and simplifications;
- Carryout regular internal audit and check to ensure entries are completed correctly by entry clerks.
- Liaise with and maintain an excellent working relationship with HMRC on Customs matters and enquiries
Performance of administrative tasks:
- Overall checks on processing of monthly (e.g., CFSP/FSD) /quarterly returns (e.g.,IPR, etc.);
- DAN (DDA) reconciliations;
- Statistical Reporting;
- Processing legal supplements in manuals;
- Maintaining records of customs formalities in the appropriate software package. system.
Corresponding with customers and internal stakeholders:
- Liaising with customers to resolve any queries and advising on operational customs matters regularly;
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation;
- Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
Furthermore, you have:
- An excellent experience of using CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (Descartes/E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems).
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent knowledge of customs legislation with related procedures and documents;
- You are a competent decision maker with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Must have excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Exceptional ability to manage, support staff members, listen to any problems / grievances they may, and to deal with issues in the most effective manner whilst maintaining harmony within the working environment.
What do we offer you?
Are you wanting to work in an international environment alongside passionate and highly competent colleagues as a team player?
- An exciting and diversified role merging element of administration, customs and customer relations where no two days are the same.
- A Competitive Salary
- Voluntary, contributory Pension Scheme
- Training and Personnel Development Program