Customs Support is the neutral and dynamic partner in customs matters in Europe. A fast-growing company that stands for knowledge, speed and efficient solutions.
Every day more than 500 customs experts and 100 Brexit experts are ready to arrange customs matters for your company. The teams of specialists consist of different specialist sectors. In addition to the import and export documentation, Customs Support also provides companies with Fiscal Representation, VAT and customs issues and guidance in the application of various permits and other projects related to customs.
To be the best partner for our customers, we have multiple locations across Europe and the United Kingdom. We are serving ever more International Clients delivering one-stop shop solutions to them.
The Director International Customs & Compliance overviews the internal Customs & Compliance departments of the Customs Support Group (CSG) within all countries. The Director is in charge of ongoing improvements on process optimization, digitalisation and improvement of reporting KPI’s for Compliance, which will enhance our own risk control.
Furthermore, the Director is actively involved with the development of Control Towers for our clients in close cooperation with our Customs Support International team. Deep knowledge of Customs and affinity with process optimization, auditing internal processes and designing new solutions for compliance is therefore a must. The Director will be running Client-facing projects across Europe.
Place in organisation
The Director International Customs & Compliance reports directly to the CEO and works together with the Customs Support International Team and our IT Team.
- Develops best in a class Internal- and external Customs & Compliance function
- Designs Compliance organizational strategies; establishing functional objectives
- Develops an International Compliance organisation for CSG
- Establishes compliance operational procedures and processes; establishing critical KPI’s, measurements and reporting
- Develops internal- and external process and audit trails for large volume (digital) data flows
- Develops Data Analytics on our Data Warehouse
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements
- Designs and builds Control Towers (for Customs and Compliance) within our Customs Support International Clients
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced Customs Compliance knowledge
- Up to date with Brexit status
- Affinity with Data, Logistics and IT
- Experience with Control Tower concepts and/or Process/KPI management
- Must have good IT skills including data evaluation/analysis using relevant computer application
- Proven working experience in project management, a related certification is a plus
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Program management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Analytical skills
- Assertive and stress-resistant
- Good adaptability to different work situations
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Flexible attitude
- Willing to travel
Interested in applying?
If you would like to apply for a job or would like more information, please contact us:
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
When you want to apply directly, please fill in this form.
We will be in touch shortly.