About Customs Support Group
Rotterdam-based Customs Support Group is a leading independent customs services provider in Europe. With more than 550 customs experts, the company provides a comprehensive range of customs-related services to over 7.000 customers.
Customs Support is established with 40 offices in several European countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Poland) in addition to its network of partners in further European countries. Through its multiple locations and partner network, Customs Support is in close proximity to customers, logistics hubs and customs offices ensuring long-standing relationships and local insights for its many international customers.
In the last years, Customs Support Group has proven to be a fast-growing and dynamic company that next to strong organic growth has managed to successfully acquire and integrate 18 add-ons. Furthermore, the company is investing in digitizing customs-related processes for its customers, in an industry that is expected to face a substantial increase in demand given the Brexit.
Job profile: Sales, Marketing, Compliance and HR
The digitization and internationalization of Customs Support, as well as Brexit, present a unique opportunity for accelerated organic growth. The candidate will be responsible for driving the sales, marketing, compliance and HR activities for the Group in Germany. The role will be based in the Office in Emmerich or Helmstedt. The candidate will report directly to the Country Director and will work closely together with the respective departments headed in Rotterdam, TheNetherlands.
- Defines, implements and executes the operational strategy of the functions in the country;
- Sets, communicates and follows KPIs to ensure continuous improvement of these operations;
- Manages and promotes customs team performance to maximize productivity and minimize risks;
- Ensures the achievement of budgetary performance by setting and monitoring clear objectives;
- Ensures that operations are performed in accordance with compliance requirements;
- Manages Company Compliance guidelines effectively and monitors compliance KPI’s;
- Manages Company HR guidelines and runs German HR team;
- Develops a high-performance service culture within the export, import, customs and handling departments;
- Interacts with customers in coordination with different departments of the group;
- Support sales activities for larger customers outside Germany in close cooperation with the country heads;
- Ensure efficient conversion of Brexit volumes;
- Support in integrating companies that have been acquired and may be acquired in the future incl. harmonizing value proposition, branding, processes, and prices across entities;
- Review and optimize prices of existing customers and define a clear pricing strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of the customs business as well as knowledge of logistics;
- A measured track record in the role of sales, marketing, compliance HR;
- Demonstrates strong communication skills;
- Excellent negotiating skills;
- Strong problem-solving mentality;
- Easily able to make well-informed decisions;
- Data and KPI driven mindset.
Personal attributes of the candidate:
- Very ambitious with a proven track record of achievements;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong desire for commercial success;
- High energy and strong drive, commitment to making step-change happen;
- Fast-pace working style and very hands-on, addressing challenges right away and get-things-done attitude;
- Willingness to make change happen and form a world-class organization;
- Willingness to travel as subsidiaries and customers are spread across several European countries;
- Highest standards of performance and personal conduct;
- Team player and team builder: leading from the front;
- Open and ethical in all dealings;
- Gifted in analytical and emotional intelligence;
- Language skills required are fluent German and English, other languages are a strong plus.
If you wish to apply directly, please fill in this form. We will contact you as soon as possible.