Customs Support Group, based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is a leading independent provider of customs services in Europe. With more than 550 customs experts, the company offers more than 7,000 customers a comprehensive range of customs-related services.
Customs Support has 40 branches in several European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain, France, Germany and Poland) as well as a network of partners in other European countries. Due to the many locations and the partner network, Customs Support is in close proximity to customers, logistics hubs and customs offices, which ensures long-term relationships and local insights for its many international customers.
In recent years, the Customs Support Group has proven to be a fast-growing and dynamic company that, in addition to strong organic growth, was able to successfully acquire and integrate 18 add-ons. In addition, the company is investing in the digitization of customs-related processes for its customers, in an industry for which a significant increase in demand is expected due to Brexit.
Customs Support Group is searching for a Finance Director/Country controller in Germany.
The digitization, internationalization of Customs Support and Brexit offers a unique opportunity for accelerated organic growth. The candidate will be responsible for managing all finance-related activities in Germany. The role will be based in one of the offices in Germany or newly assigned locations. The candidate reports directly to the Managing Director of Germany and the Group CFO in the Netherlands.
- Build an efficient and well-structured finance department;
- Responsibility for reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Responsibility for the creation and monitoring of all control-relevant key figures;
- Responsible for the ongoing control and monitoring of financial resources to secure liquidity and optimize cash flow;
- Support with the integration of the acquired company;
- Close cooperation with the group CFO to optimize processes, tools and reporting in Germany;
- External and internal contact person for the accounting of all business transactions;
- Coordination of budget planning.
- Several years of professional experience in a comparable position in a rapidly growing and dynamic corporate environment;
- In-depth knowledge of accounting;
- A background in consulting is an advantage;
- Experience in setting up financial processes and controlling KPIs;
- Confident handling of Excel and ERP systems;
- Knowledge of the customs or logistics industry is helpful.
Personal characteristics of the candidate
- Very ambitious with a proven track record;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong drive for economic success;
- High energy levels and strong drive, commitment to driving change;
- Willingness to bring about change and build a world-class organization;
- Fast and pragmatic style of working, tackling challenges immediately and getting things done;
- The highest standards of performance and personal behaviour;
- Team players and team builder;
- Open and ethical in all dealings;
- Gifted in analytical intelligence;
- The required language skills are fluent in German and English.