Customs Support Group, based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is a leading independent provider of customs services in Europe. With more than 760 customs experts, the company offers more than 7,000 customers a comprehensive range of customs-related services.
Customs Support has 45 branches in several European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain, France, Germany, Poland and Italy) as well as a network of partners in other European countries. Due to the many locations and the partner network, Customs Support is in close proximity to customers, logistics hubs and customs offices, which ensures long-term relationships and local insights for its many international customers.
In recent years, the Customs Support Group has proven to be a fast-growing and dynamic data-driven company that, in addition to strong organic growth, was able to successfully acquire and integrate more than 20 add-ons. In addition, the company is investing in the digitization of customs-related processes for its customers, in an industry for which a significant increase in demand is expected due to Brexit.
Customs Support Group is searching for a controller who will be joining the team of Group control. The team group control is responsible for consolidation, reporting, analysis, cash management, Tax, KPI’s monitoring, budget and forecasting process, PMI support. As group controller, you will be responsible for post-merger implementation projects and supporting several regions in further integration in the Group. The focus on the post-merger projects requires some travelling in Europe. You will report directly to the Group CFO and you will be based in the head office Rotterdam.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Actively manage the PM implementation projects for example implementation of the reporting structure, risk policies and cash management policies;
- Support the end-to-end PMI process, including creating the integration plan, organizing Day One, and support the ongoing integration of each acquired company;
- Supporting local management with the integration, regularly report on progress, milestones, and risks associated with each integration;
- Manage the financial reports for the Countries, included strategic analysis, budgeting process, forecasting and the relevant KPI’s;
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly close process and the planning and coordination of the yearly budgeting process for your regions;
- Providing management information to the Country directors and supporting the Country directors in performance management;
- Actively involved in projects to optimise the processes and post-merger integration.
- At least a Master degree in Finance (RA or RC is preferred);
- At least 6 years of working experience in a controller position or working experience at one of the big4 companies;
- Strong knowledge of Dutch reporting standards;
- You have a strong focus on process improvement and digitalisation;
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and PowerBI;
- You are energetic, analytical, have strong communication skills and strong project management skills;
- You have strong people skills, are a team player;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise across a range of conflicting interests, dealing with rapidly evolving priorities;
- Experience in managing stakeholders at different levels of seniority.
- An exciting and diversified role in a dynamic and international environment
- A competitive salary
- Excellent fringe benefits
- Flexible workplace
- Training, personnel development and further career options