About Customs Support
Customs Support Group is a leading independent provider of customs services in Europe. With more than 600 customs experts, the company offers more than 7,000 customers a comprehensive range of customs-related services.
Customs Support has 40 branches in several European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain, France, Germany, Poland and Italy) as well as a network of partners in other European countries. Due to the many locations and the partner network, Customs Support is in close proximity to customers, logistics hubs and customs offices, which ensures long-term relationships and local insights for its many international customers.
Purpose of the Role:
- This position exists to support the Belgium CEO / Country Director and Operations Manager in managing the customs compliance of the different CSG entities in Belgium
- This function is able to centrally manage and keeps control of the different customs (and excise) compliance risks coming out of CSG’s operations in Belgium
- This role requires a good understanding of the operations as well as a solid understanding of the relevant customs regulations
- It requires monitoring changes of European/Belgian customs law and regulations in order to proactively address anticipated issues based on new laws and bring forward solutions/ideas to operations to approach such issues.
- Manages and deals with claims and potential litigations
- Oversees the customs compliance tasks performed in the different entities by performing self-audits and quality controls
- Maintains an excellent relationship with the entity managers and different team leaders in order to stay well informed and where possible involved in the various operations
- Assists in audits conducted by authorities and provide recommendations to entity management
- Keeps track of the different customs authorizations and guarantees held within the group
- Defines and implements specific internal controls to ensure potential compliance risks are mitigated
- Implements the different policies and procedures established by the CSG Group
- Provides periodical reporting to group’s International Customs & Compliance Director
- Overviews the work of another compliance colleague dealing with NCTS handling and other specific compliance tasks.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Customs experience > 5 years
- Experience with an international (logistics) service provider
- Academic combined with practical training
- Speak both Dutch and English
- Comfortable with IT systems/tools
- Government systems understanding
- Knowledge of Stream software is a plus
- Proactive and dynamic.
An exciting and diversified role in a dynamic and international environment, a competitive salary, excellent fringe benefits, a flexible workplace and training and personnel development Programs.