Working at Customs Support means working in a dynamic environment. Collaborating with colleagues at different offices across Europe, you provide high quality services in the area of customs handling for demanding international customers. For these customers you provide a critical link in the smooth and efficient flow of their goods internationally. Customs handling fulfils the mandatory legal requirement to facilitate the movement of goods across and international border.
Who are we?
We are the neutral and dynamic pan-European customs partner for small and large entrepreneurs. We offer an extensive and complete range of Customs and Duty Management services to a diverse and broad customer base.
We are a rapidly expanding international organization that remains at the forefront of change and development in a constantly evolving industry sector. We operate in a dynamic international environment where the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
What do we ask from you?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handling of customs formalities;
- Processing customs declarations in accordance with the respective legislation and regulations;
- Preparing all customs declarations for (cross-border) transport in accordance with statutory regulations and collecting additional customs technical and fiscal information where necessary;
- Drawing up dossier instructions for the handling of import/export transactions and related documents and cooperating with other operational departments for this purpose;
- Identifying customs irregularities and reporting them to the manager;
- Presenting customs documents to HMRC and other regulatory departments for inspection;
- Where necessary and with the appropriate approval submitting notices of objection, BTI (Binding Tariff Information) applications and discharges, and performing any other correspondence with HMRC and other regulatory authorities that may arise;
Performance of administrative tasks:
- Processing of monthly (e.g., CFSP/FSD) /quarterly returns (e.g., IPR, etc.);
- DAN (DDA) reconciliations;
- Statistical Reporting;
- Processing legal supplements in manuals;
- Maintaining records of customs formalities in the appropriate software package. system.
Corresponding with customers and internal stakeholders:
- Liaising with customers by responding to customer queries and advising on operational customs matters;
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation;
- Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
Furthermore, you have:
- You have experience of using CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (Descartes/E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems).
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of customs legislation with related procedures and documents;
- You are a competent decision maker with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- The ability to manage, support junior staff members, listen to any problems / grievances they may, and to deal with issues in the most effective manner whilst maintaining harmony within the working environment.
What do we offer you?
Are you wanting to work in an international environment alongside passionate and highly competent colleagues as a team player?
- An exciting and diversified role merging element of administration, customs and customer relations where no two days are the same.
- A Competitive Salary
- Voluntary, contributory Pension Scheme
- Training and Personnel Development Program