Fast and compliant import clearance
Let one of our 1.000+ customs specialists across Europe to assist in every step of the import customs clearance process.
- Fast and accurate import services
- EU-wide customs coverage
- 100% neutral import consultancy
- Online and real-time insight in your customs clearance process
Challenges of import clearance
One of the most important obligations, when importing from a non-European Union country to an EU member state, is to clear the goods through customs at the border or arrival location of the importer. For this, the importer or his customs broker has to make an import declaration and submit it electronically to customs authorities in order to be able to pay any applicable import duties, VAT, excise, and other levies. As a result, the goods are released for free circulation in the EU.
You can make and submit an import declaration yourself or through a logistics partner, but this process can be complicated. Firstly, because customs authorities in every Member State have a different electronic platform for making and submitting import declarations, and secondly because changes in laws and regulations can be time consuming to keep track of and can lead to errors. This complexity can result in delays and heavy fines. Increase your efficiency and contact us for import customs clearance support.
Our import customs services
We have the experience, expertise, locations, and staff to help you clear your goods on time and at all times, regardless of the port of entry. You can rest assured that your goods to be imported into the EU are efficiently and professionally cleared, wherever, whenever, and however, they arrive.
Backed by 1.000+ customs import experts and our advanced technology, our core import customs clearance services include the following:
- Preparation, organisation, submission of import declarations and customs release of goods to customs in each Member State where we are located
- Determination of import duties, taxes (VAT) and payment facilitation to the EU member state
- Request for refund of, for example, incorrectly paid import duties and processing of claims
- Liaising with other government departments
- Analysing customs compliance risks
- Support and coordination of physical inspections, together with customs related authorities
- Advise on the correct use of HS code
- Issuing of certificates of origin
- Advise on customs import duties
What are the advantages of Customs Support as your import broker?
Documents needed for import customs clearance service
The documents needed for your order(s) can vary per country. Make sure you know what information is required for doing business with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is import customs clearance?
Import customs clearance is a necessary procedure before goods can be imported internationally. After customs clearance, goods are in free circulation and can be handled accordingly.
What does an import customs broker do?
The import customs broker clears the to be imported goods on behalf of the importer.
How much does it cost to hire an import customs broker?
The price of an import declaration depends among others on:
- The complexity of the declaration
- The frequency of the shipments
- The number of different products (HS codes)
The price range for import declarations per shipment can vary from €40 to €100.
What information is needed for import customs clearance service?
In order to clear to be imported goods quickly and accurately we need the following documents from our clients:
- Order form import declaration
- Agreement direct representation
- Agreement fiscal representation, when applicable
- Recent copy of chamber of commerce
- Copy ID of authorized person according to chamber of commerce
- Copy previous customs number
- Packing list
Commercial invoice (preferably in PDF or CSV format) including:
- Commodity codes & number and weights per commodity code
- Number and weights per commodity code
Related Customs Services
Importing goods after Brexit
For 2 years we have been successfully helping our customers to prepare their imports after Brexit. Our Brexit import specialists are always up-to-date with the latest customs regulations and are happy to support you with Brexit customs procedures.
Find your nearest location where Customs Support can assist you
We have a strong and strategic presence in Europe, close to clients, harbours, airports, borders, customs offices and logistics hubs in The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Poland, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Finland, Sweden and Switzerland.