Import Clearance Services
Are you looking for quick and compliant import services? Well, you've come to the right place. We are a full-service customs expert offering:
Empowering Your Import
Hello. Can we help you?
Know the correct rates of tax applicable for your import clearance, and pay them easily with our simple process.
Get assistance with reclaiming any overpaid duty and VAT, or ask us to process your refund request for you.
A single point of contact for import customs, we’ll also complete liaisons with external authorities on your behalf.
Identify and minimise your risk of noncompliance with a supply chain health check from a customs professional.
Random selections, physical inspections, we’ll coordinate everything for you so that your goods can get moving.
Experience that you can rely on. Our declarants can help you with HS codes, documents, taxes, rules of origin and more.
Our Import Customs Service
One of the most critical obligations when importing from a non-European Union country to an EU member state is to clear the goods through customs at the border or arrival location of the importer. For this, the importer or his import broker has to make an import declaration and submit it electronically to customs authorities in order to be able to pay any applicable import duties, VAT, excise, and other levies. As a result, the goods are released for free circulation in the EU.
We have the experience, expertise, locations, and staff to help you clear your goods on time and at all times, regardless of the port of entry. You can rest assured that your goods imported into the EU are efficiently and professionally cleared wherever, whenever and however they arrive.
Import Clearance | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is import customs clearance?
Import customs clearance is a necessary procedure before goods can be imported internationally. After customs clearance, goods are in free circulation and can be handled accordingly.
Can I do my own customs clearance in-house?
You can make and submit an import declaration yourself or through a logistics partner, but this process can be complicated.
Firstly, although customs authorities within the EU are united in trade agreements, they still have different electronic platforms for creating and submitting import declarations. With a network of 1700+ experts across Europe here at Customs Support, we are well-versed within the reach of authorities and their unique requirements.
Secondly, changes in laws and regulations can be time-consuming to keep track of and can lead to errors. This complexity can result in delays and heavy fines. So, why risk it when we can empower your import customs clearance today?
What does an import broker do?
Simply put, the import broker clears goods on behalf of the importer. Customs procedures can be complex. Laws and regulations are constantly evolving and changing. Each change can have significant implications for your operation. Our customs experts make sure your goods cross borders on time and with the correct documents.
How much does it cost to hire an import customs broker?
The price of an import declaration depends among others on:
- The complexity of the declaration
- The frequency of the shipments
- The number of different products (HS codes)
The price range for import declarations per shipment can vary. Talk to us today to find out what costs you may face.
Why should I choose Customs Support to support my import clearance?
- Fast, accurate, and compliant: Customs Support offers end-to-end customs services in multiple countries.
- Strict compliance: we make sure you are compliant with regulations to mitigate customs-related risk and exposure.
- Qualified professionals: our highly skilled professionals offer customs expert advice to optimise your duty management and help you save costs.
- Online and real-time: we offer real-time compliance and finance dashboards to manage your customs portfolio.
- EU-wide coverage: we have offices in multiple countries, but thanks to our network of trusted partners we have an EU-wide coverage.
- Innovation & digitalisation: we use advanced IT tools for customs declarations and customs data exchange.
What information and documents are generally needed for an import clearance?
At Customs Support, we believe fast and efficient customs clearance relies on a partnership supported by our expertise and advanced technology. We empower our clients with smart tools for the efficient sharing and storing of information because we know that to clear goods quickly and accurately, we need access to a range of important documents. But what kind of information and import documents do we need from you?
- An import declaration order form
- A direct representation agreement
- A fiscal representation agreement, when applicable
- A recent copy of the Chamber of Commerce (CoC)
- An ID copy provided by your authorized person (according to the Chamber of Commerce)
- A copy of your previous customs number
- Our packing list and your commercial invoice (preferably in PDF or CSV format) including commodity codes and the number and weights per commodity code
We know we can’t make the challenge of customs go away, but we can make it easier. Find out more about our advanced technological solutions and how we are paving the way to a digital customs future by speaking to a team member today.